ENGAGE.EU Think Tank
At ENGAGE.EU, we are building a forum for intensive interdisciplinary academic exchange where deep thinkers tackle the critical societal challenges of our time, where boundaries of research and innovation are challenged, where outstanding collaborations become possible, and where original thinking is the norm.
With our pan-European research platform, we will promote cooperation between distinguished researchers from various disciplines and join forces with actors from industry, non-profit organisations and the public sector, aiming for durable impact in Europe — and beyond.
We invite individual researchers and research groups interested in interdisciplinary dialogue whose research focuses on the causes and consequences of societal changes to come to Mannheim for a research stay at the ENGAGE.EU Think Tank.
In spring 2022, the first ENGAGE.EU research stay will address digitalisation as a major societal change driver, its impact on European business, economics and societies, and its role for implementing at least one of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): ‘Good Health and Well-Being’, ‘Decent Work and Economic Growth’, ‘Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions’.
Ever wondered how to push your research project forward together with co-authors and fellow scholars from various fields? Join the ENGAGE.EU Think Tank for a research stay in Mannheim and help design a pan-European platform for research collaborations.
The ENGAGE.EU research stay allows you to concentrate on your research idea in exchange with colleagues in an interdisciplinary team. It includes a workspace at the University of Mannheim, access to the university facilities (library, data platforms, etc.), an extensive academic and cultural programme, as well as support with housing and family services, if needed. Whereas a physical stay in Mannheim is mandatory, as a researcher you are free to choose the length of your stay that optimally fits your needs: from three weeks up to six months.
To make sure you can focus on your research project, researchers can be released from their prescribed teaching workload and administrative duties for the course of the research stay according to the rules of your home university.
The ENGAGE.EU research stays are particularly aimed at excellent academic staff members from Business, Economics, Social Sciences or related disciplines who:
- Explore digital transformation as a major societal change driver in Europe in the light of at least one of the SDGs ‘Good Health and Well-Being’, ‘Decent Work and Economic Growth’, or ‘Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions’
- Are interested in interdisciplinary dialogue
- Address a broader audience beyond academia
- Want to engage in a pioneer project of a pan-European network
As part of the ENGAGE.EU research stay, researchers are expected to:
- Actively participate in Think-Tank activities, such as regular research colloquia, lunch meetings and other group events
- Present their research to the ENGAGE.EU audience on a regular basis
- Stay in Mannheim for the course of the research stay
Applications for an ENGAGE.EU research stay are open for individual researchers as well as research groups, and should contain:
- An outline of the intended research project (max. 4-5 pages)
- A CV including a list of publications (of each group member for group applications)
- Relevant degree certificates (of each group member for group applications)
- Information regarding the desired length of the research stay
ENGAGE.EU seeks to strengthen the role of women and underrepresented groups in research, and thus strongly encourages female scholars and scholars belonging to underrepresented groups to apply.
Applications are due by 15 October 2021. Please submit your complete application electronically (in a single PDF file) to: NAME at email@example.com.